I’m embarrassed to note the last post was nine months ago! I’d fire the IT guy but we need him for varnish work. The pine pollen is flying, temperatures are pushing summer-like numbers and the shop is buzzing. All the usual spring residents plus a few more:
- The Lyman is getting her forward cabin painted and main cabin varnished plus some bottom maintenance.
- We’re boring the shaftlogs on the Aquarama and setting PVC liners in 3M 5200 plus replacing the packing on the shafts and rudders with graphite packing.
- Repairing soft spots in the stringers on a Chris Craft Continental along with stripping and refinishing the transom to rid her of her old name for her new owner.
- A punch-list on a Century Resorter.
- Finish work on a Riva Tritone.
- Engine work on a Chris Craft Semi-enclosed.
Summer projects include rolling a 1948 Chris Craft Deluxe and installing a new bottom among others!
She’s ready to go again after a maintenance coat of Cetol on her decks and four coats of varnish on the main cabin overhead. Working with varnish against gravity made for some new hair styles in the shop!
We’ve already had several nice weekends on the lake. If you would like us to prep your boat for launching please let us know (with a little advance warning!).
We love when boats like this show up!
Call to reserve your spot inside!
Don’t wait until it’s too late! There’s plenty of good weather yet to come and the lake level is still up but do make sure your boat has a home for the winter. Cutwater offers a truly unique facility – this is no ordinary metal building! Yes, the front wall is insulated metal but the rest of the structure is double-wall with an exterior of precast concrete and a built-up roof. A typical metal building will cook or freeze a boat which is not good especially for the wooden boats. Shrink-wrapped outdoor storage has become popular but is not ideal in our humid climate.
We have 30,000 square feet under roof. Treat your boat to a spot inside this winter and avoid the wear caused by sun, weather, mold and mildew!
Our rates are based on how much space your boat occupies but for simplicity’s sake we’re offering $150 per month up to 24′ with 1 month free for a seasonal (6 month) contract or 2 months free for an annual contract paid up front. If you have multiple boats or Seadoos to put away we’ll come up with a discounted package rate!
We hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable weekend! When you’re ready to put your toys away for the season remember Cutwater Marine for secure indoor storage!